Affiliate Marketing and Editorial
As a growing revenue stream for publishers and influencers, affiliate marketing and editorial are really taking off, and many publishers have or are building dedicated e-commerce teams who source, write and promote affiliate-first content.
Combining media relations and affiliate efforts is a smart move, and can give brands a leg up on the competition. But there are a few steps to choosing from the many affiliate platforms, and then communicating your affiliate status.
ECHOS works with our partners to select the right affiliate platform in order to recruit, compensate, communicate and incentivize media, bloggers, vloggers and influencers. Combining PR efforts with an affiliate program allows for a leveraging and amplification of existing media outlets and opens the door for new media partners.
Affiliate platforms serve as intermediaries between brands and affiliates, making sure everything is connected and running smoothly. Affiliate platforms also offer dashboards, reporting tools and payment mechanisms.
Working with affiliates is performance-based, so you only pay when a sale happens. ECHOS supports our partners with:
Affiliate Platform Set-Up:
- Choosing the best affiliate platform for the brand and program objective
- Integrating the platform with a brand’s website
- Working with a brand’s creative team to build affiliate-ready banners and other creative for the platform
- Identifying and onboarding existing relationships to support the affiliate program
- Actively identifying and signing up new affiliates
- Using the affiliate commission to open new doors
- Keeping affiliates up to date and engaged with regular communication
- Promotion amplification (Black Friday, 2 for 1, discounts etc.)
- Launch details and corresponding digital asset distribution
- Ensuring affiliates get paid and that all returns and cancellations are backed out
- Monitoring where and how the brand is being promoted by affiliates
- Compliance and policing to verify program policies are being followed
- Continue to improve and tailor programs for each partner